Wild Mint Turnover
Plant used: Mentha Longifolia
- 1 kg whole wheat flour sifted
- 1-1.5 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 750 g fresh wild mint leaves washed and drained well
- 1 medium onion finely chopped and sauteed with olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
Method of Preperation
- Mix mint with onion and lemon juice.
- Mix salt with the flour.
- Add water to flour, knead and form a smooth dough.
- Leave to rest at least for 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into small balls.
- On a lightly floured surface flatten each ball evenly with hands.
- Sprinkle each piece with oil on surface, fold.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Place about half tablespoon of fresh mint in center of each piece.
- Turn the sides of dough to form a triangle, seal well.
- Place on a slightly greased baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 °C (medium high) for 15 minutes until color becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with yoghurt.