Stuffed Sage Leaves
Plant used: Salvia Officinalis
- 500 g sage leaves
- 200 g rice, soaked and drained
- 250 g minced mutton meat
- 0.5 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon each allspice
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon's juice
Method of Preperation
- Boil leaves for 2-4 minutes, then drain.
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the rice, meat, salt, spices and oil.
- Place suitable amount of the stuffing on each leaf and roll.
- Arrange in layers in cooking pan.
- Cover with water and cook until all water disappears and stuffing is well cooked.
- Add lemon juice then remove from heat.
- Serve hot with yoghurt spiced with garlic and dried mint.