Pigweed with Onion
Plant used: Amaranthus Retroflexus
- 400 g of pigweed
- 300 g of onions
- 10 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Method of Preperation
- Wash pigweed and chop roughly.
- Wash it again to make sure it does not have any soil in it.
- Boil it until tender.
- Drain the water by squeezing the water out of the pigweed.
- Cut the onion into slices and fry it with the vegetable oil.
- Add the pigweed and mix for about 8 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Serve cold with lemon juice (optional).